Last Updated on by
In the style of Writers’ Residencies, the New York City Writing Project (NYCWP) has designed the Summer Writers’ Residency to foster the teacher-as-writer as they engage in an intensive and intimate writing workshop experience. Writers will read, write, workshop, and learn together to improve their writing craft and explore publication options. Writers of all levels are encouraged to apply. Past residency participants may join this residency program.
When: July 13 – August 6, 2020, 10am – 1pm
Who: Two Cohorts of Writers meeting on either Mon/Wed or Tues/Thurs
Where: Online, on Zoom
Cost: $300 for Summer Residency
The residency offers participants the opportunity to:
- Enjoy dedicated time to write in the genre of their choice;
- Explore and improve their craft in a community of writers;
- Consider aspects of craft, style, and form;
- Engage in focused workshop sessions to provide and receive feedback;
- Read selections chosen with their writing style in mind;
- Study craft essays and try out new techniques together;
- Learn about publication opportunities with the NYCWP and elsewhere;
- And more!
Facilitators: Alan Holt and Mallory McMahon