Last Updated on by
Apply for a spot in the 2020 NYCWP Invitational Leadership Institute.
What is the Invitational Leadership Institute?
The NYCWP’s Summer Invitational Leadership Institute provides opportunities to:
- Write every day and grow as a writer in a community of supportive colleagues
- Engage in teaching and learning that is based on Writing Project principles and informs classroom practice
- Discover connected learning technology opportunities that will inform your pedagogy
- Identify a classroom inquiry and develop a corresponding workshop that shares your professional learning with others
- Participate during the year following the institute as a NYCWP teacher-leader within our network.
We are inviting applications from teachers who:
- Have 3 or more years of teaching experience
- Demonstrate NYCWP practices OR readiness to develop NYCWP practices
- Have an openness to learning and learning collaboratively with others
- Are willing to be part of a community of practitioners and critical friends across schools
- Are willing to write every day and engage in the writing process with teacher peers
- May have an aspect of their teaching they want to develop and share through inquiry
- Will stay connected with the NYCWP throughout the school year through a variety of participation opportunities
- Applications will be available March 1, 2020 on this page